Welcome to EdPowerment, Inc.
Adventurers Journey Every Year To Climb Majestic Mt. Kilimanjaro.
While visitors challenge themselves on the mountain, villagers who live under its gaze face a very different kind of climb every day.
Young people born into poverty beneath Mt. Kilimanjaro struggle to access education that can take them from meager subsistence to economic security - the ability to cover essential needs of food, decent shelter, hygiene, clothing, health care and education.
This is the WHY Behind EdPowerment
EdPowerment provides A WAY BACK ... AND A WAY FORWARD for discarded youth, young adults and locals in Tanzania's educational system so they can lift themselves and their community.
Happening Now: 2020
- 28 of Tomorrow's Scholar-Leader Sponsored Students continue in A levels, college diploma and university degree programs.
- Over 100 students now attend KIWOCE's QT/PC secondary school equivalency program.
- The new girls hostel boards almost 20 young women, allowing close to 20 young men to board in the original KIWOCE school building.
- Record numbers of teens, well over 100, come each Saturday to KIWOCE’s Boys and Girls Club to discover entrepreneurial strategies & vital health information, enjoy sports and arts activities, and gain exposure to IT and the world.
- KIWOCE students joined local and international runners for the Kilimanjaro half-marathon and 5K fun run. Training and exercise has become part of their lives.
- KIWOCE has restarted its agricultural program, involving students in new crop production and husbandry projects, planting a new tomato crop in its greenhouse.
Since 2010, programs funded by EdPowerment have delivered the following impact.